This is indicative of my programme for 2014-15. However, I am always pleased for clients to pick and mix from the menu below, and happy to design particular day or half-day sessions tailored to specific requirements.
Much fuller details of the workshops in the list below are included in my ‘workshop prospectus’ which can be downloaded here. Workshops Prospectus 2014-15 (1840). However, here is a chance to see the full range on one page, colour coded as follows:
red = full day (e.g. 0915-1600);
blue = half-day only (e.g. 0915-1230).
- Masterclass: Making Learning Happen in the Digital age – a full-day masterclass, aimed at experienced staff, focussing on learning, feedback, assessment and teaching in the context of the present time, addressing ‘what are lecturers for?’ in an age where the best content can often be found online and free to all. Download Masterclass 2014-15 (126) for more details.
- Getting Published – full day workshop on getting going with your writing and maximising your hit rate with editors, referees and publishers. This workshop focuses on drafting from scratch an outline of a new piece of writing, and then working up the plan and gaining feedback from fellow-participants.
- Smarter feedback – and feed-forward – half-day workshop on giving better feedback to more students in less time!
- Towards assessment as learning – half-day workshop on making assessment more valid, reliable, transparent, authentic, inclusive – and manageable!
- Smarter lectures – half-day workshop on making learning happen in large-group settings, now linking to MOOCs (massive open online courses) and the changed picture of what lectures are now for.
- Making small-group teaching work – half-day workshop on getting students working together and learning from each other.
- Designing and running training workshops – half-day or full day workshop on getting workshops going and keeping participants happy!
- Making learning outcomes work – half-day workshop on learning outcomes and their links to evidence of achievement and assessment.
- Designing MCQs and feedback responses – a half-day workshop on writing multiple-choice questions for online or paper-based use, focusing particularly on designing useful responses to ‘correct’ options and ‘distractors’.